Fastest-Ever Blueberry Muffin
Use flax meal to darken the muffin and add nutrients.
What you’ll need
- Microwave-safe cup or bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Spatula or spoon
- Oil for greasing or Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 2 tablespoons Blueberries fresh or frozen
- 4 tablespoons Flour or Ground Flaxseed or Almond Meal
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Honey or Maple Syrup or Sugar
- Grease a microwave-safe cup or bowl with butter or oil.
- Mix dry ingredients together thoroughly. (You can do this in a separate bowl or directly in the prepared dish.)
- Add egg and honey. Mix together.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Microwave for 60-90 seconds (depending on strength of microwave), or until fully cooked.
The strength of microwaves vary, so check on the muffin halfway through cooking. Take it out early if it looks done before 90 seconds is up to avoid toughness.
You can experiment with a mix of different types of flours/grains, such as 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour plus 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed, if you prefer.