Start Simple with MyPlate
Remember the food pyramid? Meet MyPlate, the official symbol of the five food groups.
Learn how to make MyPlate work for you. The benefits of healthy eating add up over time, bite by bite. Small changes matter. A healthy eating routine is important at every stage of life. It can have positive effects that add up over time. It’s important to eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, grains, protein foods, and dairy or fortified soy alternatives. When deciding what to eat or drink, choose options that are full of nutrients. Make every bite count.Learn More
Make Every Bite Count
- Learn how much you need from each food group. Get a personalized MyPlate Plan that’s right for you. The plan is based on your age, sex, height, weight, and physical activity level.
- Take a look at your current eating routine. Pick one or two ways that you can switch to choices today that are rich in nutrition.
- Create a healthy eating routine to benefit your health now and in the future.
- Think about how your food choices come together over the course of your day or week.
- Eat different types of fruits, vegetables, grains, protein foods, and dairy and fortified soy alternatives.
- Choose options for meals, beverages, and snacks that have limited added sugars, saturated fat, and sodium.
Healthy eating is important at every life stage, with benefits that add up over time, bite by bite. Small changes matter.
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
- Focus on whole fruits.
- Vary your veggies.
- Move to low-fat or fat-free dairy milk or yogurt (or lactose-free dairy or fortified soy version).
- Make half your grains whole grains.
- Vary your protein routine.
- Limit- Choose foods and beverages with less added sugars, saturated fat, and sodium.
- Activity- Being active can help you prevent disease and manage your weight.
Want to share more info about My Plate, download the Start Simple with MyPlate mini-poster in English or Spanish.