Herbed Rice with Chicken and Beans
This is an easy dish that your family will love. The traditional version of this recipe calls for fava beans and dill, which is a delicious combination.
What you’ll need
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Large skillet
- Medium pot or rice cooker
- Spatula or spoon
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Onion Small, halved and sliced thinly
2 cups Brown Rice Cooked
8 ounces Fava Beans about 2 cups or Lima Beans or Butter Beans
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 cup Fresh Herbs chopped, such as dill, mint, cilantro, and/or parsley
2 Chicken Breasts cooked, skinned, shredded (about 2 cups)
- Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add cooked rice, beans, salt and pepper.
- Add the herbs, saving some of them for garnish later. Stir in 1/4 cup water and simmer until completely absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Mound rice on a platter and top with cooked chicken. Garnish with reserved herbs. Serve with Yogurt with Cucumber and a large salad.
Recipe for Yogurt with Cucumber
To cook brown rice:
- Combine 1 cup raw brown rice with 2-1/2 cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil.
- Then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Set aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork before using.