Sweet Potato Hash
This savory and sweet side dish is sure to be a breakfast favorite.
What you’ll need
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Large skillet
- Spatula or spoon
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Bell Pepper frozen or fresh, chopped
- 1 cup Onion frozen or fresh, chopped
- 2 pounds Sweet Potatoes peeled and cut into small cubes (about 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin ground
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté bell peppers and onions until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring every 2 to 3 minutes. Sweet potatoes may begin to stick to the skillet, but continue to stir gently until they cook through. Serve while hot.