This dish contains much less oil and salt than restaurant fried rice. To further reduce the salt, use low-sodium soy sauce.
What you’ll need
- Sharp knife
- Measuring spoons
- Large pan with lid
- Spatula or spoon
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 2 cups Vegetables raw, such as onion, celery, bell pepper, cabbage, broccoli, green beans, peas, zucchini, mushrooms, or bean sprouts, diced
- 1 Egg beaten
- 2 cups Rice cooked and cold
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Chicken cooked, (optional) or Shrimp cooked, (optional)
- 1 cup Mango chopped, (optional)
- Heat oil until sizzling in the bottom of skillet.
- Add garlic and vegetables, toss in oil, and cover.
- Cook vegetables until slightly brown and soft.
- Add shrimp or chicken to the skillet, if using, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the egg directly into the base of the pan. Allow it to scramble by stirring it back and forth across the hot pan.
- Add rice, soy sauce, black pepper and other optional ingredients. turn heat down to medium-low. Cook until heated through, stirring frequently.
Rice Cooker Directions:
- Layer ingredients in the rice cooker in this order: oil, garlic, vegetables, egg, optional meat, rice, soy sauce, black pepper.
- Cook for 1 cycle and stir.
- Cook for another cycle if needed.