Make your own thick-cut fries at home with your favorite seasonings. Leave the skin on for extra nutrients.
What you’ll need
- Large bowl
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Measuring spoons
- Oven mitt
- Baking sheet
- 1 1/2 pounds Potato approximately 4 medium
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Herbs ex. rosemary, parsley, oregano, etc. adjust to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt adjust to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper adjust to taste
- Preheat oven to 475˚F.
- Wash and scrub potatoes.
- Remove any dark spots and cut into: 1 inch cubes, ½ inch strips, cut lengthwise (fries), or ¼ inch rounds, cut across.
- In a large bowl: toss cut potatoes, olive oil and your choice of herbs.
- Spread on a cookie sheet, in a single layer.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over potatoes.
- Bake 15-25 minutes, depending on size, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Serve warm.
The 2 tablespoons of fresh herbs can be substituted with 2 teaspoons of dried herbs.