Kids love smoothies and they love helping too! Let your kids help put ingredients into the blender.
What you’ll need
- Measuring cups
- Sharp knife
- Spatula or spoon
- 1 cup Strawberries fresh, or if you use frozen berries you may not need ice cubes
- 1/2 cup Yogurt low-fat
- 1/2 cup Apple Juice 100%
- 1 Banana cut into chunks
- 4 Ice Cubes
- Place the apple juice, yogurt, berries and banana in a blender. Cover and process until smooth.
- While the blender is running, drop ice cubes into the blender one at a time. Process until smooth.
- Add ½ c. of silken tofu or ½ c. of peanut butter (or other nut butter) for some extra protein.
- Kids can cut the banana with the side of a spoon. Let them decide which foods to include.